Monday, February 15, 2010

Body Solutions and St. Baldrick's Foundation - Your chance to be a HERO for kids with cancer

 
Last year I heard about the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, an awesome organization that is dedicated to funding life-saving research for kids with cancer.  Yes, I said kids.  Each year around this time, thousands of Americans begin soliciting friends and family for donations in order to participate in St. Baldrick’s annual head shaving fundraising events nation-wide.

I was fortunate enough to hear about St. Baldrick’s last year to raise over $2600 with the help of many wonderful people. Although I raised the money, I didn’t have enough time to grow my hair and become an actual “shavee”.  I did, however, attend the event at Fado Pub in Buckhead, where a 9-year-old girl spoke about how she had beaten cancer and how much St Baldrick’s was a part of that success.  I can tell you that it was both heart wrenching and inspirational to hear how such a young person could survive such adversity. 

I personally have not had hair longer than an inch in over 10 years. I love my low cuts and the lack of maintenance it requires. It’s my thing.  This year I’m taking a different route.  My hair growth started two months ago and in the process, I have begun to look a bit foolish. I call it “the rag weed look”.  However, myself and the team at Body Solutions are committed to raising $5000 by March 10th, 2010. The event will take place at Ri Ra Irish Pub, 1080 Peachtree St NE, Suite 1 (Corner of Crescent and 12th) at 5pm. I know we can make this happen!  

Additionally, I want to extend this beyond just the walls at Body Solutions and invite others to participate with us.  I am looking to recruit a team to sacrifice with me in hopes of donating even more money to this great cause.  We are looking for at least 5 other “shavees”, those willing to shave their heads and commit to raising $1000 a piece, to join our team. If you would like to become part of the Body Solutions “Find a Cure” Team please visit https://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/bodysolutions and register!

St. Baldrick’s children don’t have the choice to “shave a little off”. We are encouraging everyone to be part of the cure and help make a difference with Body Solutions! To donate and become a hero for kids with cancer visit

Visit www.stbaldricks.org for more information about the organization and its outreach.



Go To Body Solutions - Weight Loss + Health Website

No comments:

Post a Comment